Sunday, April 12, 2009

Scoop Main Even First Hour

I flopped two sets in the first hour and am even with 9,980 chips. I haven’t slow-played anything and it’s cost me action, but giving cards in tournaments can lead to an early exit when tied to a hand (which was the case both times I had sets – no way I’m folding to any action).

I dropped 1k on the second hand. Seven-handed, blind-vs-blind steal from the SB and I have 9s in the BB. I re-raise and he flats and checks and ace-high flop. I c-bet it, he called and I shut down when he checked the turn. He made a stiff river bet and I folded. I was hitting the “commitment threshold” if I bet the turn and I wasn’t going to go out with 9s so I just gave it up.

The numbers are amazing:
18,747 entrants
16,031 remaining. That’s almost 15% gone in an hour.
$1.87 mm prize pool.

They’re paying almost 17% and first gets only 10% which I think is stupid, even though I have no plans to be first.

H00dster is right about at the average stack at this point which is 11,600.

No comments: